Push-ups are a very basic exercise that works just as well. Anyone trying to maintain upper body strength is sure to do push-ups. But just doing push-ups looks monotonous and you get bored. So, what are the alternatives? Hindu Push Ups! Let’s take a look at this new push-up method.
Indian wrestlers call it “Dand”. It is not the same as the daily push-up and is considered a complete exercise. Like push-ups, Hindu push-ups can be performed anywhere and are a great option to perform at home. From strengthening muscles to improving your body, doing Hindu push-ups has many benefits.
This sounds like a complete package, and it’s a great compound exercise. But how to do Hindu push-ups and what are the benefits? Read on to learn more.
Know what is the right way to do Hindu push-ups
1. Start by energizing your muscles and making your movements more elastic. After that, get into a regular push-up position and keep your back straight.
2. Then, return to Downward Dog. Lift your hips into the air, forming a “V” shape with your body. Bend your elbows, bring your chest down, and make sure your back is parallel to the ground.
3. After that, bend your back. Keep your chest out, arms straight, and try to make an upside-down “L” shape with your body. Engage your core and lift it up. Make sure your hips don’t touch the floor. Hold this pose for a while.
4. Complete the exercise and return to the starting position. Slowly lower your abs, lift your glutes, and push them back to work your core and glutes. Straighten your arms and return to a squat position.
5. Now, repeat! You must complete at least 3-4 sets, one of which should be 8-12 reps. If you find it difficult to do 8-12 reps, do one set of 3-5 reps and build up your strength gradually.
Whenever you exercise, make sure your breathing is in tune with your activity. Always inhale through your nose and exhale as you straighten your arms. Also, keep your back arched.
Know the Benefits of Indian Push Ups
It’s not just about your chest or pecs. Instead, it also helps tone your shoulders, arms, hips, core, and spine.
The only goal of this push-up is to increase strength. Also, it improves your flexibility and mobility. It builds muscles and can also help you with other exercises.
Hindu push-ups can benefit us in three ways, including:
1. Stimulates diaphragmatic breathing
2. Activate the “vestibular system” with the head control
3. Include Contralateral Mode
Hindu push-ups can help improve your lifestyle and it is best to incorporate them into your daily routine. You can also seek the help of a fitness trainer to incorporate it into your routine.
ALSO READ: Pollution and fatigue already plague the eyes, so give them a rest with these 4 yoga asanas