When we have to deal with work or rest, most of the time we ignore our posture. This can lead to stiff shoulders, back pain, or a bowed neck. Not only ordinary people, but also celebrities have to face the problem of incorrect posture. Popular fitness trainer Namrata Purohit uses different exercises to correct the posture of many Bollywood stars. Improved his fitness level. Namrata Purohit shares some simple exercises to correct bad posture in her Instagram post.
Plank exercise helps improve posture
Namrata explains that plank exercises can help improve posture. This exercise builds strength in the back, chest, shoulders, neck and abdomen. This exercise helps move the shoulders back. It also makes it easier to keep your lower back in a neutral position while sitting or standing.
1. High plank
The high plank is a great exercise to improve posture. This ensures that all muscles are activated in this form.
How to do a high plank
- You can start by bending your right knee.
- First click on the floor below.
- Place your hands on the floor with your shoulders on your wrists.
- Stretch your legs out to the sides. Tighten your core. Lift your body up in a high plank position.
- You can maintain this position for a while. Also put the weight on your hands.
- Your shoulders should be away from your ears. Do not try to move the pelvis while doing this pose.
2. Side Planks with Hip Drops
- Start the side panels.
- Keep your shoulders higher than your elbows and your body in a straight line.
- Lower your hips. Don’t let it touch the floor. Then put it back into the side panel position.
- Repeat this on both sides.
3. Breaststroke Plank
- Breaststroke plank can start with 4-5 seconds.
- Lean forward into a plank position.
- Keeping your body straight, come down and keep your spine neutral. Start with this plank exercise, focusing on your hands and knees.
- Keeping your body lightly touching the ground, slowly rise up. Legs should not be bent while holding this position. They should stay straight.
4. Swan diving boards
- Lie down on an exercise mat. Keeping the arms close to the body, bend the elbows and place the hands under the shoulders. Shoulders should be away from ears. Feet should be together.
- Keeping the abdominal muscles together, lift the abs upward. The abdomen should remain elevated throughout the exercise.
- Keep your spine straight as you breathe. The head should be in a straight line with the spine. This exercise is a bit difficult. That’s why it’s only possible with constant practice.
5. Cat-cow plank
- Keep your spine neutral. Start with this plank exercise, focusing on your hands and knees.
- As you inhale, bend your spine downward.
- Lift the bone up.
- Draw your belly in as you press your chest forward.
- Looked up.
- Keep your shoulders away from your ears and look straight ahead.
Also read:-Build Flexibility in Your Back and Lower Back With These 3 Hip Flexor Yoga Poses