Yoga is a priceless gift for anyone. When done right, yoga is the most effective way to keep your body healthy without any side effects. Yoga can also help you stay away from heart disease. At a time when your diet and lifestyle are incredible, you can rely on yoga. Here, we’ll talk about those special yoga poses that take special care of your heart.
How does yoga help keep your heart healthy?
Yoga is for heart health, but you must be wondering what is yoga good for the heart? Basically, yoga is an exercise that connects the body, breath and mind, and it also increases the heart rate. In addition to this, doing yoga reduces stress and also helps reduce high blood pressure, which can help maintain better heart health.
Give Your Heart Extra Pampering With These Special Yoga Asanas
Bhujangasana is also known as Cobra Pose. Basically, this asana strengthens your heart. It also makes the spine flexible and strong, and also relieves back pain.
How to Do Bujangasana Style
- First lie on your stomach. Reduce the distance between your legs and keep your legs straight.
- Now make your palms in line with your shoulders. As you inhale, lift your body from your chest to your navel.
- Hold this position for a few seconds, inhale and exhale slowly, then return to the starting position while exhaling deeply.
- In this way, you will complete a cycle.
- You can do this yoga asana four to five times at first. Practice regularly and increase the number of cycles.
In fact, Tadasana can increase heart rate and balance blood pressure as well as positively improve heart failure patients. With Tadasana, it can help keep your heart healthy.
How to do mountain pose
- First, lay out your yoga mat. Now stand up straight with your heels together.
- Then lift the fingers of both hands up and cross at the same time.
- Now on an inhale, try to put your weight on your toes and pull your body up.
- Hold this position for a few seconds, breathing normally.
- Now return to the starting position while exhaling and let your body relax for a while.
- Repeat this process again. You can do this yoga for about 5-10 minutes.
A study on the NCBI (National Center for Biotechnology Information) website found that doing the Vrikshasana yoga pose was effective in increasing heart rate and systolic blood pressure.
How to do tree pose
- First, put down the yoga mat. Now stand with your feet together in a careful position.
- Now to keep your body balanced, with the help of your hands, place the sole of your left foot on your right thigh.
- Raise your hands above your head and enter Namaskar pose.
- Stay in this state for a while until your body is balanced.
- Then slowly return to the starting position and allow your body to relax for a moment.
- Afterwards do the same process from the other side as well. This yoga asana can be done three to four times.
Also see the benefits of Utkatasana yoga for heart health. According to a study on the NCBI website, doing Utkatasana yoga can increase good cholesterol. In addition, it may benefit heart health by effectively improving systolic and diastolic blood pressure.
- First, place the yoga mat on a flat surface. Now leave about 1 foot of space between your feet.
- Then straighten your arms parallel to your shoulders in front of you.
- After this, slowly come down with the help of your knees and remember to keep your heels attached to the ground.
- Now try to stay in the same position in the shape of a chair with the help of your knees.
- Keep your spine straight in this pose.
- After holding this position for a few seconds, return to normal position. This yoga can be done four to five times.
This yoga asana is also known as warrior pose. In this case, yoga is performed while standing with space between your feet. The benefits of Virabhadrasana yoga pose may also be beneficial for heart health.
How to do Virabhadrasana
- Place the yoga mat on a flat surface.
- Now stand with your feet about 3-4 feet apart.
- Bring your hands above your body and connect them together.
- After this, rotate the right leg to 90 degrees.
- Then turn your body to the right and bend your right knee while breathing deeply.
- The right knee and ankle should be in the same line.
- Stay in this position for a while, then return to the starting position.
- After letting your body rest for a few seconds, do the same from the other side.
- This asana process can be done four to five times.