If you want to adopt a healthy lifestyle, the big question is how to change your eating habits. Because for a proper balanced diet, you cannot eat outside food every day or you will not be able to maintain your weight by eating full paratha every day. In this case, it can be difficult to find something to eat in food that is light, healthy, and tasty.
When it comes to light, healthy and delicious food, nothing beats South Indian recipes. Besides being healthy, they are also very light. So today we bring you one such recipe – the fan Upma recipe.
Sevai is used to make it, and it’s a healthy choice for your breakfast. So let us know its recipe.
To make a fan Upma you need
2 cups fine vermicelli
2 tablespoons refined oil
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 teaspoon cumin
1 tablespoon urad dal
2 green chilies (separated lengthwise)
9-10 curry leaves
1 onion, chopped
1/2 cup beans, chopped
Carrots, 1/2 cup chopped
1/2 cup fresh peas
1/2 cup tomato puree
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder salt to taste
2 tablespoons peanuts, toasted
How to Make a Fan Upma
1. In a hot pan, bake the vermicelli for 3-4 minutes until golden brown. Remove to a plate and set aside.
2. Now heat oil in the same pan and add ura dal, mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Let them pop for a minute and add the chilli and curry leaves. Sauté for 1-2 minutes and add the onions. Stir well.
3. Add turmeric powder and salt and fry for 1-2 minutes. Then add the vegetables and mix well. Let them cook for 3-4 minutes.
4. Add tomato puree and 2 1/2 cups water and bring to a boil. Add the vermicelli and mix well. Cover the pot and cook for 5-6 minutes, or until the vermicelli is cooked and the water is dry.
5. Check the seasoning. Transfer to a bowl and top with roasted peanuts and fresh green peppers.
This recipe is quick to make and perfect for small appetites!