Semolina is used as the main ingredient in many dishes. It is present in almost every Indian kitchen. Nutritious semolina is great for health and an ingredient in your delicious dishes. Good for your digestive system for heart health. Also controls weight and cholesterol. So go beyond halwa and harness the benefits of semolina in these special ways (how to add suji or rava to your diet).
So let us know, what are the benefits of semolina and how to incorporate them into your diet.
Semolina is a treasure trove of nutrition (Rava Nutritional Value)
According to data published by the U.S. National Library of Medicine, semolina is a good source of calories, carbohydrates, protein, thiamine, fiber, folate, riboflavin, iron, and magnesium. All of these nutrients are good for your health. For these, it’s important to include dishes made from semolina in your diet. Even if you’re losing weight, it can prove to be a healthy choice for you.
Here are 4 health benefits of rava or semolina
1. Keep your heart healthy
Semolina is rich in fiber, which can reduce the risk of heart disease. At the same time, it can lower LDL cholesterol, blood pressure, and inflammation. This helps maintain healthy heart health. Regular consumption of semolina may help fight heart-related diseases, according to data published by Pub Med Central.
2. Control blood sugar levels
According to PubMed Central, semolina is a good source of magnesium and dietary fiber. This helps raise blood sugar levels. Fiber reduces the amount of carbohydrates in the blood, which prevents sudden spikes in blood sugar levels.
3. Maintains Digestive Balance
Fiber-rich semolina keeps the digestive system in balance. According to the U.S. National Library of Medicine, it promotes the growth of gut-friendly bacteria in the digestive tract. Therefore, digestive problems such as indigestion, constipation, etc. will not bother you.
4. Helps in weight control
If you are planning to lose weight, then you can include semolina in your diet. Nutritious semolina is a good source of thiamine, folic acid, and B vitamins. Eating semolina will keep you feeling full for longer, and you won’t overeat. This makes it easier to control the weight.
Semolina contains a sufficient amount of protein. It is very important to eat protein-rich foods in a weight loss diet. Adequate protein in the body can promote fat loss.
Now Know Some Healthy Ways To Include Semolina In Your Diet
1. Semolina can be substituted for regular flour. Use it to make pancakes, cheese, and more.
2. Semolina can be used to make almost all South Indian food. You can include upma, dosa, idli etc made from semolina in your diet. All of these will help you stay healthy.
3. You can also use semolina to make healthy desserts like halwa and kheer. Replace sugar with jaggery to stay healthy.
4. If you want, you can bake at home with semolina to make healthy and delicious cookies, cakes and breads.
5. Semolina can be used in soups and other types of vegetables to thicken it.