Sooji halwa is one of the most popular confections made in almost every Indian household. While there is a huge variety of halwas available here. But in all these years, no one has been able to take the place of ordinary semolina pudding. As easy as it is to make, so are its health benefits. In particular, it is unmatched.
Sooji Halwa Recipe
you have to make it
How to prepare semolina pudding
1. Semolina, Ghee and Sugar must all be taken in equal amounts.
2. First of all, put a wok on medium heat. Now add ghee to it and let it heat.
3. When the ghee gets hot, put semolina and cardamom powder in the pan.
4. Fry semolina in ghee until its raw smell disappears. If you want, keep it white or you can even make it red.
5. On the other hand, in a separate pan, boil water three times the amount of sugar to make sugar syrup.
6. When the syrup is ready, put it in the toasted semolina.
7. Cook the semolina until the desired consistency is reached. If you want to keep the consistency of the halwa a little thinner, you can increase the amount of water to four times instead of three.
8. If you want, you can use dry fruits like raisins, almonds, walnuts and cashews to enhance the taste. Your sooji halwa is ready!
Know why semolina pudding is good for your health
It is a delicious and healthy option for desserts. Apart from sugar, all the other ingredients used in it are healthy. However, the body can handle a limited amount of sugar. My grandmother recommends sooji halwa as the best among all other halwa options, but I was a bit cautious before eating it. Because she adds twice as much sugar and ghee to semolina!
However, I feel if you can control the amount of ingredients used in the sooji halwa recipe, then it can be very good for you.
Semolina is good for health
Semolina has many health benefits. Nutritious semolina is very beneficial for your stomach. It can be easily digested. At the same time, in addition to carbohydrates, iron, magnesium, copper, phosphorus and calcium are found in abundance. Along with this, semolina can also help you in weight loss.
Ghee is also very good for your health
When it comes to losing weight, ghee is always discussed. Whereas our parents or grandparents always advocate its use in food. According to a research published in Research Gate, ghee has been used as a therapeutic agent in Ayurveda. For years it has been used in religious rituals. It is also considered a symbol of purity.
Although ghee is also a type of fat, it is universally accepted as a better fat than other fats. Because the short chain fatty acids and other important nutrients present in it make it healthy.
At the same time, it keeps the stomach clean and can be easily digested. Ghee contains vitamin A, vitamin D, vitamin E, vitamin K and essential fatty acids, so it can easily be included in your diet.
Also Read: Dussehra Recipes: Kesari Loves Jalebi So Here’s The Easiest Way To Make It