Air pollution is a problem from which no one can escape. Breathing is essential for our survival. But when we breathe polluted air, many health risks increase. Even before Diwali, this time the air quality index of the metros has started moving towards poor levels. Therefore, the risk increases even more for small children, the elderly and people suffering from any kind of illness. In this article on Health Shots, we are going to talk about the important measures that can protect your children from air pollution.
Air pollution is becoming a major concern in big cities. Due to this, the number of patients suffering from various types of infections like asthma is increasing. But let us tell you that the effect of air pollution on the body of children is much more than that of a young person.
The age when children need clean air and water for better physical and mental development, then their growth also starts to be affected due to pollution. In light of the bad environment at this time, we must be fully aware of ourselves. To prevent the effects of air pollution on children, their bodies must be prepared from the inside out.
Dear mothers, don’t worry, we have come up with 6 such effective remedies for you that will not allow pollution to hinder the growth of your children. So let us know how to protect your kids from rising air pollution.
Increasing air pollution can be dangerous for children (air pollution and children’s health)
In a data published by the World Health Organization on air pollution, that is, air pollution and its effect on children’s health, it was told that –
1. Due to air pollution, the growth of children’s lungs is slowed down and the lungs are not able to function properly.
2. Chances of getting respiratory infection and asthma also increase due to air pollution.
3. Mental and motor development is slowed down. Because children’s brains are developing. In such a situation, neurotoxic compounds present in the environment can affect the mental development of children.
4. Children are more physically active, which is why they are more vulnerable to air pollution. Children who participate in physical activities outside the home may be at higher risk.
5. If a woman spends more time on air pollution during pregnancy, there is a risk of giving birth to a premature baby with a low birth weight.
6. Children breathe more air than adults. Therefore, they need more protection.
Create a safety circle for children in this way against air pollution
1. Keep them hydrated
Give children plenty of water and make sure they stay fully hydrated. If there is a sufficient amount of water in the body, then the body can easily flush out the toxins.
2. Face mask is still necessary
People have stopped wearing masks as soon as the coronavirus is over. But let us tell you that the use of masks is also very important to avoid air pollution. Therefore, do not forget to have a mask before going out with children. With the help of a mask, you can prevent the harmful toxins from air pollution from entering the body through breathing.
3. Strengthen children’s immunity
If children’s immunity remains strong, then problems caused by air pollution such as sinus, allergy, infection, respiratory infection, sneezing, cough and cold will go away. Therefore, to increase immunity, you can give honey and turmeric or honey and basil water to children. These superfoods are rich in essential nutrients and help children’s bodies fight allergies caused by air pollution.
4. Avoid carrying children in heavy traffic
The amount of air pollution is highest in heavy traffic. In such a situation, avoid taking children to such places. If you are going out with small children, try to choose a route with less traffic.
5. Provide nutritious and clean food
First of all, remember that children do not consume too much food outside. Because junk food, fast food such as street food and many other forms of pollution can cause serious health damage.
In such a situation, you must also give yourself and the children clean and nutritious food. Include almonds, pineapple, jaggery, citrus fruits, tomatoes, onions, paprika, cabbage, green leafy vegetables etc. in your children’s diet.
6. Keep the children physically active
In the world of internet and mobile games, children are becoming more physically inactive. Due to which they may suffer health related problems before age. However, being physically active does not mean that you have to play outside all day. You can get kids to do yoga and exercise at home.
Along with this, dance lessons will be a better option. The more physically active children are, the less likely they are to develop problems such as asthma. On the other hand, people who remain physically inactive are more prone to respiratory problems.
Also read: Have you ever heard of Bubble Tea? Let’s find out whether it is healthy or not