Due to busy lifestyles, we often fail to give proper attention to our bodies. As a result, the body is at increased risk of being susceptible to minor and major physical problems. In this case, yoga can be considered a healthy choice. Not only can it improve your lifestyle, but it can also help keep disease at bay. In order to maintain good health, today we are going to talk about a special pose called “Tadasana” (Mountain Pose).
what is mountain pose
Tadasana is considered the foundation of yoga asanas performed while standing. This is because, while doing this yoga, the body remains very straight and stable. Tadasana can help maintain a healthy spine, which makes it easier to perform other asanas. This is a very simple yoga asana.
Find out why Tadasana is good for you
1. For diabetes
Many such asanas are mentioned in yoga and they are good for diabetes. One of these names is also Tadasana. Tadasana is one of the yoga asanas that can help manage type 2 diabetes, according to a study published by the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI). This asana helps control blood sugar levels.
2. Helps Improve Posture
In order to improve the posture (posture) of the body, it is very important to keep the spine straight. In this case, the benefits of Tadasana in maintaining spinal health can be seen. While doing this yoga asana, the spine is kept straight, which helps maintain the posture of the body. Additionally, Tadasana can help maintain flexibility in the spine and balance in the body.
3. Strengthen knees, thighs and ankles
Doing yoga is good for the whole body, but some yoga asanas work for certain parts of the body. Likewise, Tadasana yoga is especially suitable for knees, thighs and ankles.
A study conducted by Arizona State University found that the benefits of Tadasana can help keep the spine straight as well as keep the knees, thighs and ankles strong.
With the help of Tadasana Yoga, it can help overcome digestive problems. In fact, studies clearly mention that regular Tadasana can help flush out dirt from the stomach, thereby improving digestion.
5. Helps with Back and Hip Pain
According to research, regular practice of Tadasana yoga can help relieve back, hip, and thigh pain caused by compression of the spinal nerves in the lower back.
Know the right way to do Tadasana here
- To do this yoga asana, stand on a flat surface. Both feet should be the same. Make sure there isn’t too much distance between your legs.
- Then tuck the fingers of both hands above your head. Remember that the direction of the palm should be towards the sky.
- Then take a deep breath and pull your body up. In this position, your body weight should be on your toes only.
- Try to hold this pose for a few seconds and keep breathing regularly.
- Then exhale and return to the starting position.
- It can be done in 3 to 5 cycles at the beginning of this asana.
Take some precautions while doing Tadasana
- If you have a headache, don’t do Tadasana yoga.
- People with insomnia (difficulty sleeping) should avoid doing Tadasana.
- Patients with low blood pressure should not do this yoga.