The benefits of castor oil are often heard for health, skin and hair, but are the benefits of castor oil limited to this? So the answer is no. Because castor oil can also be used to keep the eyes healthy. Few people would probably know about the benefits of castor oil for eyes. With this in mind, today in this article we are giving you information related to the benefits of castor oil for the eyes. Also, how you can use it for eyes (How to use castor oil for eyes).
What does the research say about this?
Along with health, castor oil can also be beneficial for the eyes. According to a study published on the website of NCBI (National Center for Biotechnology Information) in this regard, eye drops containing castor oil have been found useful in the treatment of Meibomian Gland Dysfunction (eye problem).
In addition, castor oil is used as a drop for the eyes and also on the eyelids and eyelashes. However, research is still limited in this regard, so it is better to consult a doctor before using castor oil directly on the eyes.
How castor oil is beneficial for the eyes
Castor oil is an ancient Ayurvedic medicine. However, research on this is very limited. In such a situation, we are sharing the benefits of castor oil for eyes mentioned here based on its properties. Remember that these benefits of castor oil for eyes can be helpful for minor problems related to eyes, but do not confuse them with treatment.
1. Herbal medicine is castor oil
Castor oil can be used for mild eye problems. In fact, as a herbal medicine, castor seeds and its leaves are used for eye-related problems such as blindness, conjunctivitis (eye infection) after eye surgeries.
In another research, eye drops containing castor oil were found to be safe and useful in the treatment of meibomian gland dysfunction. In such a situation, one can believe that castor oil can be used to reduce the problems related to the eyes.
2. To relieve itchy eyes
Due to dry eyes, there may be complaints of itching in the eyes. It has been shown in a research that using drops containing castor oil in the eyes can provide relief in the problem of dry eyes and itchy eyes. On the other hand, castor oil can be used to reduce problems like itching.
Castor oil also contains moisturizing properties. On that basis, it can be assumed that by providing moisture to the eyes, castor oil can reduce the problem of dry eyes and itchy eyes to some extent. However, accurate scientific research related to this is still needed.
3. Beneficial for puffy eyes
Sometimes swelling occurs under the eyes after getting up from sleep, this is called puffy eyes. According to a medical research published on the website of NCBI (National Center for Biotechnology Information), castor oil has anti-inflammatory properties that can reduce the problem of inflammation.
In addition to this, eye problems can also be caused by blepharitis (inflammation of the eyelid or papota). At the same time, in a related research, the use of castor oil in the eyes has been shown to be useful in treating blepharitis and relieving its symptoms.
4. To reduce dark circles
The benefits of castor oil for the eyes may also include the reduction of dark circles. Not directly, but it can be linked to sleep problems. In fact, insomnia is one of the main causes of dark circles under the eyes. At the same time, castor oil has been used for many years as a traditional medicine for health problems. These problems also include insomnia or insomnia.
5. To thicken eyebrows
Eyebrow growth is also included in this list of castor oil benefits for eyes. It can help to make the eyebrows beautiful and thick. However, there is still a need for scientific investigation into this.
How to use castor oil for eyes
Castor oil will only be beneficial when used correctly.
- Use castor oil on the eyes before you sleep at night.
- Before using this oil, clean your face thoroughly.
- Use a mild cleanser or face wash to clean the face. Wash your face and dry it well with a soft towel.
- If there is makeup on the face, you can remove it using makeup remover.
- Then take a few drops of castor oil on the palm of your hand. Apply it on the affected area using your fingers.
- You can also apply castor oil to your eyes by rubbing it on your palms.
- Apply it and leave it overnight.
- Be especially aware that castor oil should be consumed in small quantities and do not put it in the eyes.
- In the morning, the face is cleaned using water and face wash.
- At the same time, castor oil can be applied directly to the eyebrows using fingers or a makeup brush.
- There are many types of castor oil on the market. Do not use regular castor oil for the eyes.
- Using cold-pressed castor oil can be better for the eyes. Whereas about this eye
- It is also a better option to consult a specialist.
- While buying castor oil, be sure to check the manufacturing date and expiry date on the package.
- Do not put castor oil directly in the eye, but apply it externally to the skin.
- Do a patch test before using castor oil for eyes.