It is normal to have a fart when eating foods with gas. But if you fart more than a normal person, then you should consider eliminating this problem.
Do you often have problems with flatulence? If so, it may make you feel uncomfortable. You must have heard that sometimes gas also causes chest pain and headache which needs to be treated immediately. If the problem of gas is bothering you more than usual, then you know how to stop farting.
Health Shots spoke with Dr. J Satyanarayana, Senior Physician, Kamineni Hospitals, Hyderabad. He told why farting is more and what can be the measures to stop it.
Do you know what can be the cause of excessive farting?
Dr. Satyanarayana says, “Not chewing food properly, carbonated beverages, or illnesses such as type 2 diabetes, celiac disease, or liver disease can contribute to excessive farting. However, this is not a cause for concern. If your stomach becomes more bloated than usual and is upset that, then you have to watch what you eat.”
Here are some things that can cause a lot of farting
Eating less is always better. Slowing down the speed at which your digestive system works is good for both your digestive system and weight loss. Eating less can make you feel satisfied for longer. If you have a habit of overeating, then the problem of farting will definitely bother you.
do not chew
In addition to eating less, it is also really important to chew. Chew the food well and eat it on time. If you have a habit of eating quickly, there is a possibility that more air will enter the body. It can make the stomach flat.
Smoking too many cigarettes also produces gas. Constipation is common in humans due to this habit. Smoking increases the chances of flatulence.
consumption of fatty foods
Cut down on fatty foods. Avoid soda. Limit your intake of foods that take longer to digest. Beans, dairy products, whole grains, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, soft drinks, fruits, hard candy, onions can cause flatulence. Apart from these, avoid sweeteners like fructose and sorbitol. These also cause gas.
There are certain medical conditions that can cause excessive farting. These include irritable bowel syndrome, inflammatory bowel disease, lactose intolerance, eating disorders and Crohn’s disease.
Here are 5 ways to stop farting too much:
increase fluid intake (Increase fluid intake)
Try to drink as much water as you can. Include lassi and curd in your diet. It soothes your digestive system. It also successfully prevents gas formation.
We only treat cloves as a pungent spice. It has many medicinal properties that protect against diseases. If you make and drink clove tea, you can prevent many types of infections. Drinking a cup of clove tea before a meal can help relieve problems such as indigestion or stomach discomfort and bloating. This tea with anti-inflammatory properties relieves problems like flatulence. It also relieves pain in the stomach.
Oregano seeds contain a substance called thymol. It secretes acid which helps with digestion. If you want to avoid flatulence after eating, boil 1/2 teaspoon of carom seeds in water and drink water daily.
Probiotic foods such as yogurt and kefir are known to improve digestion. They have the ability to produce good bacteria. It can help with many digestive problems such as bloating, constipation, diarrhea and even the problem of farts.
The volatile oils from the chamomile plant have a carminative effect that breaks down gas from the digestive tract. A cup of chamomile tea can help reduce bloating and relieve gas.
Here are 10 more tips to avoid farting:
- Avoid eating foods you know cause more farts
- Instead of eating a lot at once, try eating smaller portions more often throughout the day.
- Along with a healthy diet, one should also follow a regular exercise routine for at least 30 minutes a day to prevent gas build-up.
- Fatty foods are known to slow down digestion. So eat healthy fatty food.
- Avoid smoking. Use chewing gum to kick the habit of smoking.
- Do not drink carbonated beverages such as soda or beer. Drink something healthy instead.
- Avoid consuming too much sugar. When it cannot be digested and absorbed by the body, excess sugar is released to sit and ferment in the intestines. This can result in gas accumulation.
- Limit your intake of cruciferous vegetables such as cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, Brussels sprouts and asparagus.
- Avoid suffering from constipation on a regular basis as it is a major cause of excessive farting.
- Talk to a doctor to review the medication.
- Read also: With these 5 superfoods you can better manage PCOS