No holiday is complete without candy. If you don’t eat sweets for the holidays, then something seems incomplete. This cannot happen when talking about Ganesh Chaturthi without talking about Modak. The 10-day festival will begin on August 31 this year. Modak is used as prasad in Ganesh Chaturthi. It has traditionally been used in Ganesh Puja’s offering room for many years.
Basically it is a Maharashtra sweet which is widely sold in Maharashtra on the occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi. But elsewhere, it’s not readily available in the market. In this case it is very important to have modak in the form of prasad to complete the festival.
Let us tell you, making modak is very easy. If you want, you can make a delicious Modak yourself in 40 to 50 minutes. Not only that, but like other sweets, a lot of sugar and maida are not used in the making process. Then, wherever you are, make your Ganesh Chaturthi even more special with this easy and healthy Modak recipe.
Find out how modaks are beneficial compared to other sweets here
Almost all the ingredients used to make modaks have health benefits. Since the ghee in it helps relieve constipation. According to data published by PubMed Central, coconut is a good source of dietary fiber, which is very beneficial for digestive health. On the other hand, healthy fats, fiber, antioxidants and micronutrients are present in modak.
In addition to this, ghee is a good source of vitamin A and omega 3 fatty acids. Although rice flour is used in modak, rice flour is rich in many essential nutrients, such as calcium. In addition to this, it also contains a lot of choline, which prevents cholesterol from accumulating in the liver.
It also helps maintain blood sugar levels for digestive, cardiovascular, liver and bone health. At the same time, the zinc in it helps to strengthen the body’s immune system. Modak also has a low glycemic index if seen.
It is better for your health than all other candies. If a person has diabetes, then they can eat in limited quantities.
Here is an easy recipe to make Modak
for the filling you need
- coconut (grated)
- good (ground)
Now prepare the modak shell you need
Rice flour, water and ghee.
Prepare Modak Stuffing this way
1. First, put the pan on medium heat. When the pan is hot, add the ghee.
2. Now roast the grated coconut in the pan for 5 to 7 minutes.
3. Then put the jaggery in it. If the jaggery is ground, it mixes easily with the coconut.
4. Toast the jaggery and coconut together for 3 to 4 minutes. Here, cut the cashews into small pieces and put them in the pot. Then add the cardamom and nutmeg powder and mix well.
5. Turn off the gas and keep cool. On the other hand, start preparing the modak’s shell.
Now prepare modak flour
1. To prepare the modak shell, first, take a nonstick skillet and heat it over medium heat.
2. Add water according to the amount of rice flour in the pot, add a little ghee to the water and stir well.
3. Now slowly add the rice flour to the water and stir constantly. There may be lumps inside, so stir well.
4, use it to make a soft dough. Then turn off the gas and set aside to cool.
Modak can be prepared in 2 ways. You can also give it a shape by hand if you want. If you want to save time, use modak maker.
Prepare Modak like this with the help of mold
1, After the dough has cooled, mix well by hand. If it sticks to your hands, put two tablespoons of ghee in it and knead with your hands.
2, now put the ghee into the mold. The dough is then formed into a dough and flattened, now it is placed on a mould into which the prepared filling mixture is poured.
3, After pouring the filling, close the mold and apply the medicine by hand. Now prepare all the modaks in the same way and place them in the tray.
Use these steps to prepare Modak without mold
1. First, spread ghee on your palms, take a small ball from the dough, and flatten it.
2, Now put the prepared filling in it and with the help of your fingers apply the water to the edges and make the shape of the modak by folding the edges selectively. Prepare all modaks in the same way.
how to steam
Whether it’s handmade or made with a mold, the method of steaming is the same. So let’s see how to do Steam.
1put the water under the steamer and over the gas.
2, coat all modaks with ghee before steaming. Now that the water is boiling, put it in the steamer for 10 to 15 minutes.
3On the other hand, if you don’t have a steamer, you can steam the modak by placing it on a muslin cloth and pouring water under any container in the house.
4. Your delicious Modak is ready. Decorate it with saffron threads. and use it as prasad in festivals.
Leave a Reply