There are hardly any opportunities for cooking in our country. You will find more than one dish in India. Different oils are used here to make delicious and nutritious food. One such special oil is peanut oil. Groundnut oil not only improves the taste of dishes, but it is also very beneficial for your health. Tell us what its benefits are for your health.
There is not one but 4 types of peanut oil
1. Refined peanut oil- This groundnut oil is produced by refining it. This reduces the risk of any type of allergy.
2. Cold-pressed peanut oil- In this process, the oil is extracted from the groundnut by grinding it. A good amount of iodine and citric acid are found in it.
3. Gourmet Peanut Oil- It is roasted oil which has a strong smell of peanuts.
4. Peanut mixed oil- This peanut oil is used in combination with other similar flavored oils.
According to Ashima Nayyar, dietitian of Paras Hospital, Panchkula, groundnut oil has many health benefits, apart from making food safe. If peanut oil is used in moderation, many of its benefits can be achieved. Nutrients from peanuts help us stay healthy. Its consumption can also be beneficial for some physical problems. Yes, if someone is seriously ill, then he must be treated by a doctor.
Know here the benefits of peanut oil
1. Good for the heart
Cholesterol plays an important role in keeping the heart healthy. An elevated level of cholesterol can increase the risk of heart disease in many ways. Consumption of peanut oil can reduce harmful cholesterol ie. LDL without reducing HDL, i.e. the good cholesterol. This property of peanut oil may be protective for the heart. It also contains ingredients such as arginine, flavonoids and folates, which improve heart health.
Also read- Frequent naps can be a sign of high blood pressure and stroke, experts say
2. Keeping the brain healthy
Peanuts and peanut oil are good sources of niacin and vitamin E. Both of these can be helpful in increasing cognitive (brain-related) health. Because of these properties, peanuts can reduce Alzheimer’s (memory disease) and mental weakness that appears with age. It also contains resveratrol, which can also reduce the risk of nervous system disorders.
3. Insulin sensitivity
Peanut oil can also help improve insulin sensitivity. In fact, insulin resistance can lead to problems like obesity and diabetes. Therefore, it is necessary to improve insulin sensitivity. The oleic acid found in peanut oil can help reduce the effects of the inflammatory cytokine TNF-alpha, which has a negative effect on insulin production. It can also have a positive effect on type-2 diabetes.
4. Relieve joint pain
Peanut oil contains polyunsaturated fatty acids. Polyunsaturated fatty acids can help prevent joint pain, such as rheumatoid arthritis. In addition, peanut oil can be applied directly to the skin to relieve arthritis and joint pain.
5. Benefits of peanut oil in skin aging
The use of peanut oil can also help to keep the skin healthy, so it can be included in the list of oils that prevent skin aging. It can hydrate the skin and also protect it from the sun’s harmful UV rays Vitamin E found in peanut oil can also protect against the signs of premature aging seen on the skin.
How to use peanut oil
- Refined peanut oil has a mild fragrance. It can be used for roasting, roasting and flavoring.
- Roasted peanut oil is aromatic and is commonly used as a flavoring agent in foods.
- Roasted peanut oil can also be eaten by adding it to salads.
- Its oil can be applied alone or mixed with any other oil on the skin and hair.
Also read- Overeating can become your heart’s enemy, know the health connection between the two
Leave a Reply