For the sake of fashion and style, we use all kinds of chemical products on our hair. Getting your hair straightened or curly, dyed, and having a new hairstyle at every event became a status symbol. You know that all this weakens and dries out your hair from the roots. The impact of pollution from above makes the hair even more lifeless. In such a situation, there can be no better choice than a natural hair remedy. One such home remedy is olive oil hair mask. Let’s take a look at their benefits and how to use them.
Know why olive oil is so special for hair
An element called oleuropein contained in olive oil supports the hair growth process. Due to this, hair growth is fast. According to PubMed Central research published on NCBI (National Center for Biotechnology Information) website, massaging the scalp with olive oil can reduce the problem of hair loss to some extent.
Along with this, the properties of olive oil protect your hair from the harmful effects of free radicals. This keeps the hair black and thick.
Olive oil can also help get rid of dandruff from your hair. This oil is enriched with moisturizing properties that have a beneficial effect on dry hair and dry scalp.
According to IJD (Indian Journal of Dermatology) research, it can be used as a natural conditioner thanks to its emollient and greasing properties.
Due to these properties of olive oil, it can also be used as a pre-shampoo treatment. This means you can massage it into your hair before shampooing or use an olive oil hair mask. Olive oil hair masks can also work to get rid of the problem of falling and split ends.
Try these DIY olive oil tricks to get rid of dryness and dandruff in your hair.
1. Olive oil and coconut oil
material: Two tablespoons of coconut and olive oil, a hot towel
how to use
- Heat a mixture of coconut oil and olive oil.
- Then massage for 10-15 minutes from the roots to the ends of the hair.
- Soak a towel in warm water and then wring it out to remove all the water and wrap it over your head for 30 minutes and inhale the steam.
- Finally, wash your hair with cold water after shampooing.
2. Hair mask with olive oil and honey
material: Honey cup, virgin olive oil cup, one vitamin E capsule, shower cap
how to use
- Mix all ingredients well in a bowl.
- Apply this mixture to slightly damp hair from roots to ends and cover with a shower cap for 30-45 minutes.
- Then wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
3. Egg and olive oil hair mask
material: Two spoons of olive oil, two egg yolks (for dry hair), two egg whites (for oily hair), one whole egg (for normal hair) or part of one egg according to your hair Do it.
how to use
- Crack an egg into a bowl and mix in the olive oil.
- Apply this mixture to slightly damp hair for 20 minutes.
- Then wash your hair with shampoo.