Pickle is a long-lasting side dish that is served with food to enhance the taste. Often you must have eaten many types of pickles. The specialty of pickles is that they can be prepared from any fruit and vegetable. Like mango, chilli, lemon, radish, carrot etc. But definitely oil and white salt are used to make all these pickles. So its durability can be increased.
This is why most diet conscious people avoid eating pickles. But we have brought you such a jam recipe, where there is neither ordinary white salt nor oil. So get ready for oil free mango pickle recipe (how to make mango pickle without oil). It is also called asafetida pickle by some people.
This oil free pickle is made by mixing two healthy ingredients raw ami and asafoetida. It is a traditional recipe of achaar rich in flavor. The main advantage of this pickle is that it is a recipe made without oil, so you can consume it even if you are on a weight loss diet. It does not need to be in the sun for several days. Because it is a fast cooking method that does not require much sunlight.
Know how this mango oil free pickle is beneficial for you
Since this mango jam is oil-free, it is beneficial for stomach problems and weight loss. Tell us some such reasons which make it healthy for you.
1. Asafoetida Improves digestion
Due to the use of asafoetida in pickles, it is very beneficial for your stomach. Along with this, asafetida is also beneficial in the problem of stomach pain and acidity, menstrual pain and diabetes.
2. Black salt is a healthy alternative to white salt
Consuming black salt helps in improving our digestion as well as in weight control. It is rich in minerals and nutrients. Regular consumption of black salt strengthens the bones. From stomach ache problem to acidity problem, this pickle is very beneficial.
3. Controls Blood Sugar Raw Aami
Vitamin A, calcium and iron are abundant in raw mango due to which it is beneficial in keeping the digestive system healthy as well as keeping blood sugar under control. The taste of raw mango is also cooling and hence it is also beneficial for your skin.
So without delay let us know the traditional recipe of asafetida pickle.
for this you need
Raw Ami – 1 kg
Asafoetida powder – tsp
Red chili – tsp
Black salt – 1 tsp
In this way prepare mango and asafetida pickle without oil
1. To prepare the asafetida jam, first peel the raw mango and cut it finely. If you want, you can cut it into long slices or even into small pieces.
2. Now add black salt to it, mix it well and cover it in an airtight container and leave it overnight or for a few hours.
3. After a few hours you will see that Aami has left the water. Filter this water and keep it aside because this water will be needed to prepare the jam. Now spread the pieces of Ami on a cotton cloth and place it in the sun for 2-3 hours so that the remaining water also dries up.
4. After getting sunlight, place the Ami in a container and add the water left from the Ami. Now add red chili powder and asafoetida powder and mix it well.
5. Now put it in an airtight container and store it for a few hours. Be sure to keep it away from water. After 3-4 hours your asafetida pickle will be ready. Enjoy it now with your favorite dish.